- This event has passed.
Connecting Through Curriculum!
May 17, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Connecting Through Curriculum! Exploring Curriculum Inspired by Children
Are you looking to learn more about the Alberta FLIGHT Framework? Whether you’ve gone through the training or not, it can still be a little overwhelming switching to this approach to learning. FLIGHT not only introduces some new language to use (and to share with families), but also aims to change our mindset of how we view the image of the child and our own teaching practices. As co-learners in this journey of play with the children, we are able to build our connections with the children, their families and to our community. In this session, we will discuss some core foundations of FLIGHT, how to take comfort steps in implementation and how to extend your practices to provide a responsive and caring environment for young children. Whether you are just starting to spread your wings, or you have already tried a few flights, let’s expand our wings so we can fly further and discover new possibilities together!
- Foundations to FLIGHT
- Educator Mindset
- Children as Mighty Learners
- Responsive Environments
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificates of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.
- Please note: Our Flight workshop is not approved for PD funding in Alberta, at this time, due to government restrictions on Flight trainings. All other IMECC workshops/webinars are approved for PD funding to eligible registrants.