- This event has passed.
Online Workshop: Playful Planning
September 16, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$24.00
Playful Planning: Enriching Your Emergent Curriculum Approach
Playful learning experiences promote a sense of curiosity, exploration, and confidence, which are what we all strive to achieve when we plan for our early childhood environment and our children’s experiences. To achieve this, one of the most popular and best approaches is the emergent curriculum approach. This approach let’s the child lead the playful experiences and follow their own learning path. Our job, as early childhood educators, is to observe their interests and plan to extend on these interests. Being intentional on how we prepare the environment for these extensions is a key element to emergent planning. Join me as we discuss planning strategies that work for everyone. There is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to planning for children’s play, so let’s explore what your journey is with the children and how you can plan for play!
- Review Emergent Planning Practices
- Identify Planning Strategies based on the Balanced Approach to Emergent Planning
- Translating observations to planning
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificates of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.