- This event has passed.
Wonderful World of STEM: Exploration and Discovery through STEM
October 11, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
STEM – Science, Technology, engineering and Math; STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math; STREAM – Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts and Math. No matter which acronym you use, STEM activities are bound to be a hit with children as they encourage problem solving, exploration, creativity, discovery, trial and error and collaboration! Children are naturally curious and want to try things out to see what happens. So, it’s up to us to provide these rich, playful learning opportunities to build on this natural instinct to explore and learn. Let them take the reigns on these activities as we take a step back and move away from teacher demonstrations to child led explorations!
- Identify STEM and best practices for engaging children in STEM
- Learn how to include literacy and the arts in STEM
- Identify STEM activity ideas; planning, provocations & resources
- Examine reflections on learning with children
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the workshop. Please click the link 10 minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificate of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.
- E-transfers to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration closes 24 hours in advance!