- This event has passed.
Reflections of Playful Learning: Enriching your Emergent Curriculum Approach
December 13, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
After a full day of play, everyone is exhausted! Oh, but what fun we had! What learning transpired! It was a success! Before we forget of all the adventures and discoveries, it’s time to reflect. Reflection is a main factor when enriching your emergent curriculum approach. Reflection has many facets, and looks different for each educator and each group of children. In this session, we will look at the many different ways to reflect on playful learning; on-the-spot, daily, weekly and monthly reflections that use a variety of forms of reflection and documentation. We will discuss three main reflective documentation formats with you in this session; reflective planning, documentation boards and learning stories. Discover the steps that work for you with reflection! It’s all about showcasing your personal reflections, team reflections and reflections with the children and their families that make this reflective process valuable. It’s time to capture the moments of play an joy in early childhood!
- Review and identify the importance of reflective practices
- Identify various ways to document reflection of children’s learning
- Identify the core elements of reflective practices using reflective planning, documentation boards and learning stories
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the workshop. Please click the link 10 minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificate of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.
- E-transfers to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration closes 24 hours in advance!