- This event has passed.
Outdoor Fun for Everyone!
June 21, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Outdoor Fun for Everyone! Igniting Passion for Outdoor Play
Let’s Get Outside and Play! We just don’t seem to hear or see that too much anymore. What happened to connecting with the world around us in a hands-on way, instead of looking at it on a screen? Do you know the names of local flora and fauna? Can you identify a variety of insects? Have you ever built rock towers or dragged a huge branch around? Let’s go back to our roots and help children connect with the outdoor world around them. Together we will identify the importance of being outside, how it stimulates growth and learning, and how it’s the natural playscape of early childhood. Let’s get children connected to the natural world, discover safety in our communities and develop a sense of curiosity and respect for our Earth and each other.
- Understanding the ‘Why’ for Promoting Outdoor Play Experiences
- Creating a Responsive Outdoor Play Environment
- Planning for the Seasons of Outdoor Play
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificates of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.