- This event has passed.
NEW! Trauma Informed Environments
April 17, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Creating Trauma-Informed Childcare Spaces: A New Perspective on Self-Regulation
This free, 1-hour webinar will support early childhood educators in creating inclusive, trauma-informed child care spaces. In turn, this will promote increased self-regulation for the children they work with. We will explore the meanings of popular buzzwords such as “self-regulation” and “trauma”. Participants will learn about the importance of the ACEs Study (1998) and the many effects of trauma on a child’s overall development. Practical strategies will be provided that you can implement during your next work day.
Guest Speaker: Madison Taylor
Madison Taylor is an occupational therapist (OT) who works with children and school teams in Edmonton and other parts of northern Alberta. She holds a bachelors of education degree and is passionate about teaching people of all ages, both in-person and online. Prior to starting her career in OT, she worked as an early childhood educator (levels 1, 2, and 3), most recently in a Program Manager role for summer day camps in the Sherwood Park area.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This is a FREE, 1-hour session.
- Registration is required.
- Registration closes 24 hours in advance!
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- The link to the webinar is included in your ticket. Also, a link will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the workshop. Please click the link 10 minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Recordings of this session will only be available to our Protector of Play VIP Gold and Leader Members!
- Register here to become a Protector of Play: https://inspiredmindsecc.ca/protectors-of-play-community/