- This event has passed.
Learning to Lead Series: Communicating with Families
October 10, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm$75.00
Learning to Lead Series: Communicating with Families: Leadership Strategies to Connect with Families
Welcome to our LEARNING TO LEAD webinar series for early childhood directors, assistant directors, supervisors, owners and aspiring leaders in our profession! This is a series for you! Our Learning to Lead sessions are all about supporting you on your journey as an inspiration leader, wherever you are in your journey.
Families are an essential part of early childhood programs. Early childhood leaders, owners and directors understand, value and respect what families bring to their program by creating a space that welcomes all families through connection and open communication. Just like every child is unique, every family is unique. Let’s learn from each other to build a strong foundation for children. From the initial contact, through their journey with us as their child grows, until the day we part – how we connect with each family matters. Sharing stories of their child with them, inviting them to family information events and connecting with them through empathy and understanding are just some of the ways we can build positive relationships with families. Join us as we discuss how to go beyond for families and help them feel a sense of belonging and an vital part of our team!
3 Part Webinar Included (only need to register once!):
- Part 1: Tuesday, October 10 @ 1:00PM-2:00PM
- Part 2: Tuesday, October 17 @ 1:00PM-2:00PM
- Part 3: Tuesday, October 24 @ 1:00PM-2:00PM
- Welcoming families into your community
- Policies and procedures for building connections with families
- Learn key ways to build strong relationships with the families into your community
- Reflect on your current practices and set goals
- Discuss what’s working and what isn’t
- Build on our previous sessions that focused on warmly welcoming new families, building trust and setting expectations so that if/when conflict arises, it can be managed professionally and ideally, successfully
Things to Keep in Mind:
- PD Funding eligible Level 3 educators.
- Registration closes 24 hours in advance!
- Fee includes all 3 sessions; only 1 registration required for all 3 sessions.
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the workshop. Please click the link 10 minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificate of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.
- E-transfers to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom link is included in your ticket email. Reminder emails will be sent out 24-48 hours prior to event.