- This event has passed.
Online Workshop: Finding Your Wing
December 1, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$24.00
Finding Your Wings: Transitioning to the Alberta Curriculum Framework
Are you looking to learn more about the Alberta FLIGHT Framework? Whether you’ve gone through the training or not, it can still be a little overwhelming switching to this approach to learning. Flight not only introduces some new language to use (and to share with families), but also aims to change our mindset of how we view the image of the child and our own teaching practices. As co-learners in this journey of play with the children, we are able to build our connections with the children, their families and to our community. In this session, we will discuss some core foundations of Flight, how to take comfort steps in implementation and how to extend your practices to provide a responsive and caring environment for young children. Whether you are just starting to spread your wings, or you have already tried a few flights, let’s expand our wings so we can fly further and discover new possibilities together!
- Understand the Foundations to the Alberta Curriculum Framework
- Recognize the Importance of the Educator’s Mindset
- Learn the Core concepts of How Children are Mighty Learners
- Understand the Importance of Creating a Responsive Environment
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you in the days prior to the workshop. Please click the link ten minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificates of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recording.
- This session is not approved for PD Grant Funding due to restrictions in Flight funding.