- This event has passed.
IN-PERSON! Look at Me Grow! Celebrating Children’s Learning Through Learning Stories, Portfolios & More!
April 13, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$42.75
IN-PERSON COMMUNITY WORKSHOP
Look at Me Grow! Celebrating Children’s Learning Through Learning Stories, Portfolios & More!
@Spruce Grove Play School, Spruce Grove
It’s exciting to watch children learn and grow! Educators are excited. Families are excited. Children are excited. So how do we share this process of learning and development with our children, families and community and help make learning visible? This session takes a look at the importance of assessing children’s growth using innovative and practical documentation methods. Gone are the days of ‘report cards’ and ‘checklists’ for assessment. Educators can now find deeper meaning and value by creating documentation, such as learning stories and creative portfolios, that capture children’s learning through observations and the process of play. Let’s turn this time consuming, administrative task into a practice that is helpful, reflective and fun!
- Identify the importance of documenting and assessing children’s learning
- Review the various types of assessment used in early learning
- Understand the value of learning stories
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Registration closes 48 hours in advance!
- PD Funding Available to eligible participants.
- Certificate of participation will be available to participants.
- No refunds, credits, exchanges or substitutes. If you are unable to make the workshop and wish to send an alternative person, 48 hours notice is required to transfer the registration.
- Minimum workshop size is 10 registrations. Maximum 30 registrations.
- In the unlikely situation that Inspired Minds ECC Consulting Inc. needs to cancel the workshop, we will give all registered participants 24 hour notice. Refunds or credits will be given to registered participants in these situations only.