IN-PERSON! Caring Connections: Interactions that Matter!
April 17, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$42.75
IN-PERSON COMMUNITY WORKSHOP
Caring Connections: Interactions that Matter!
@Global Aware Kids Care, Edmonton South
The comfort of an encouraging smile. The caring reassurance after a fight with a friend. The excitement of co-celebration as they discovery a new skill. How we interact with children has a huge impact on children’s growth and development, not only their social emotional development, but also in their abilities to problem solve, resolve conflict, and take risk because they feel safe! Children rely on positive, supportive and encouraging adults in their live to show them they are respected, safe and loved. This type of interaction doesn’t happen just by supervising, asking questions or giving direction. It comes from a deep connection between the adult and the child. A connection that takes time to build and takes intentional interactions. Let’s learn some strategies of how to build this connection with ALL children – from the ones we struggle with to the ones who love us the moment they come through our doors. Understanding what each child needs to feel a connection will help us establish that bond with each child and continue to see that relationship blossom. Connection is key!
- Defining Caring Connections
- Identify the Importance of Connecting with Children
- Key Benefits of Establishing Connections with Children
- Identify Strategies of how to Build Caring Connections
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Registration closes 48 hours in advance!
- PD Funding Available to eligible participants.
- Certificate of participation will be available to participants.
- No refunds, credits, exchanges or substitutes. If you are unable to make the workshop and wish to send an alternative person, 48 hours notice is required to transfer the registration.
- Minimum workshop size is 10 registrations. Maximum 30 registrations.
- In the unlikely situation that Inspired Minds ECC Consulting Inc. needs to cancel the workshop, we will give all registered participants 24 hour notice. Refunds or credits will be given to registered participants in these situations only.