- This event has passed.
Attracting & Retaining an All-Star Staff Team: Proven Strategies that Work! (3 hours)
February 8, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$75.00
Attracting & Retaining an All-Star Staff Team: Proven Strategies that Work!
3 Part Series (3 hours total):
- Wednesday, February 8 12:00-1:00PM
- Wednesday, February 15 12:00-1:00PM
- Wednesday, February 22 12:00-1:00PM
Attracting and Retaining a high quality team is perhaps the biggest challenge facing childcare leaders, not just in Alberta but across North America. Recent studies show that it’s the inability to hire and retain quality staff that is preventing both private and not for profits centres to expand.
Hiring the right staff takes skill and planning. This includes knowing who you are looking for, where to find them, how to interview them and mutually determining whether your Centre is a fit for their skills and career aspirations.
Retaining the right staff is an equally important part of the Human Resources equation. This begins with understanding why your current team stay with you and what potential team additions are looking for in terms of a work environment and total compensation package (salary plus benefits).
Having a sound strategy for attracting and retaining staff not only keeps these HR costs manageable but more importantly enables you to deliver consistent, quality care to children and their families.
- Outline the Key Steps in the Hiring Process
- Outline the Key Steps in the Retention Process
Things to Keep in Mind:
- PD Funding available to eligible Level 3 educators.
- Registration closes 24 hours in advance!
- This workshop will be held online through the Zoom platform.
- You will need access to a smartphone, laptop, tablet or computer with audio capabilities to join us.
- A link will be emailed to you 24 hours prior to the workshop. Please click the link 10 minutes before the workshop begins to join in.
- Certificate of participation will be available to registered participants.
- All registered participants will have 30 days access to the webinar recordings.
- E-transfers to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom link is included in your ticket email. Reminder emails will be sent out 24-48 hours prior to event.